Saturday, May 19, 2007

The long seperation is over

Staging in Seattle
The return of the Mission team has taken place and there are smiles all around. They arrived on time, if even a tad early from Houston where they had to change planes. The spouses were there to welcome back their better halves and it was joyous.

To hear the stories makes it even more pronounced that I did not go. I could understand them but boy did I feel left out. We will always wonder at the leading of the Lord that caused us to plan it this way for this year. As it turned out, it was the best solution. Many of you don't know but as soon as the team left I was diagnosed with shingles, a viral infection related to chicken pox. it has been three weeks and it is just about over. Bed rest, high end anti-viral medication and I was still in moderate to high discomfort. The doctor laughed when I told him that my wife was in Belize. He said had I been there with this, I could have suffered nerve damage and been in this type of pain for the rest of my life.
Now I don't want to start a debate about the healing nature of God, or His timing or sovereignty but me staying home seemed fortuitous.

I will be asking Sue to write up a mission trip report to post. With pictures, of which there are over 2000 to choose from. We looked at most of them over the last of couple of days.
On the field in Unitedville


Bless you all,
Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home